Social Media Guidelines for StaffLearn how to navigate the world of social media for education with these helpful guidelines.
Cloud and social media tools have become a normal part of day-to-day life for many students and staff, but their use in the classroom can raise a range of ethical and legal concerns. With a sound understanding of some
basic principles of data protection, however, staff should be able to legally and ethically experiment and innovate with digital tools as part of their teaching.
Social media sites can include a range of different services online, which include but are not limited to:
• Blogs (e.g. Medium, WordPress)
• Wikis (e.g. Wikipedia, WikiAnswers)
• Social networking platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
• Photo-sharing (e.g. Flickr, Instagram)
• Online Forums (e.g. Reddit, Quora)
• Messaging services (e.g. WhatsApp, WeChat)